About our service users
Of those 180 women still working on the streets...
- 99% are addicted to one or more Class A drugs and/or alcohol: average age of first use was 13 years old
- All suffer from chronic ill health and half suffer from acute ill health (requiring immediate medical attention)
- 80% are homeless
- 92% suffer from malnutrition
- Women in street prostitution are 12 times more likely to be murdered than the normal rate for all women in the same age group in the UK
Of all the women we support...
- 62% have reported childhood abuse
- 38% have been through fostering or childrenís homes
- 32% left school at 14 or younger and only 41% have any qualifications
- Their age range is 18-55